December 19, 2012

Nick Fury's WWII Past To Be Explored In CAPTAIN AMERICA THE WINTER SOLDIER?


We've been hearing that Captain America: The Winter Soldier would indeed have a giant S.H.I.E.L.D. presence Following the events of The Avengers the film would be a political thriller centered around S.H.I.E.L.D. This being supported with the additions of Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow and Jackson's Fury. Anthony Mackie was cast as Sam Wilson (The Falcon) who is the modern side-kick of Captain America and also a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in the Ultimates. It's expected that there will be more character development for supporting roles.


There are rumors that Widow's violent Russian past (hinted to in Avengers) and her connections to Winter Soldier would be explored in the film. Nick Fury's character might be getting more development than previously seen too. ComingSoon and MTV has word from Samuel L. Jackson dropping hints how Fury could be used in the film confirming it's a big role. He doesn't give details but gives the impression that elements from the Nick Fury film will likely be folded into Winter Soldier. Sam even mentions Nick's WWII past which could mean the infinity formula will be explained which had been rumored for The First Avenger. That could mean surviving Howling Commandos might be returning as well. Considering Winter Soldier is involved anything could be possible. Neal McDonough had been going around saying Dum Dum Dugan was coming back.

“Everybody likes a franchise character. Bruce (Willis) had his and Sylvester Stallone had Rocky, so I like coming back to Nick Fury. Nick Fury's a great guy. I think a lot of people know that. I know him as something else because I've been alive longer than most of the fans that watch the movies so I know Nick Fury as the World War II veteran and all that stuff. It might be interesting to do one day but we find out little bits and pieces about Nick and we're going into 'Captain America 2' in late March.” 

"It's a full-on role, from the original script that I read. It's a full-on S.H.I.E.L.D. operation in 'Captain America. But I don't know — I'm meeting with the directors this week to see what happens." 


No comments:

Post a Comment