December 7, 2010

Djimon Hounsou Talks Black Panther

Djimon Hounsou who voiced Black Panther for the animated series had recently spoke about wanting shot for the live-action movie. Now he's setting the record straight with MovieWeb clearing up the rumors. Djimon admits wanting to be involved with the film but he has had zero talks with Marvel for it.

Currently there aren't official plans on introducing the hero in The Avengers but nothing is set in stone. Previously actors such as Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Idris Elba have shown interest in playing Black Panther. Marvel Studios has yet to announce the next lineup of films but it's very likely Panther will be one of their new solo films.

"Ok, here it is for the record. I don't know what is going on with it. It's ... you know, this is all news to me. It is true that I have said certain things about it some time ago and that I would love to play the Black Panther. Also the opportunity came to do the voice over for the animation so I did that, maybe in the hopes that one-day they would finally get around to doing a movie. We have so many super heroes, but none that really defines the African American. I thought it could definitely happen and I have tried to push that envelope before.


Right. Well, that is one thing I don't know because I have to catch up with my agent at CAA and my manager to find out. I do feel that maybe the talk has to do with the The Avengers and having Black Panther appear in that. But I haven't been approached.."

No comments:

Post a Comment